MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2021United StatesCanada
What is MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2021?
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2021 is an opportunity for students above 18 years of age who wish to pursue their higher education in the US or Canada. Offered by MPOWER Financing, this scholarship program provides financial support to international students who enrol in any of the MPOWER partner colleges and universities. Through this scholarship program, MPOWER Financing aims to support international students and their career aspirations. Students can receive a scholarship of up to USD 5,000.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
This scholarship is being offered by MPOWER Financing. It is an organisation that works to enable students around the world to achieve their academic and professional aspirations through its loan services.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have been accepted or enrolled in a full-time program at a US or Canadian school that is an MPOWER Partner College or University
- Have one of the following immigration statuses:
- For study at a US partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or a DACA recipient status
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder
What are the benefits ?
The scholarship comprises the following benefits -
- One grand prize of USD 5,000
- Honorable Mentions (2): USD 1,000
How can you apply ?
Follow the below steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Fill in all required details.
Step 3: Upload required documents.
Step 4: Complete the application form and submit it.
What are the documents required for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2021?
Answer to the essay question
What are the selection criteria ?
The scholarship recipients will be selected solely based on their essay responses. The selection of winners will be based on-
- The quality of the applicant’s essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior communication skills in English;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker who will make a positive impact.
Note: Scholarship essays will be judged by an unbiased committee within MPOWER.
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 20th July 2021
Terms and Conditions
- Any transfer or attempted transfer of scholarship shall be void.
- The scholarship winners will be notified within 8 weeks of the deadline.
- All the winners will be required to submit a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release.
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received and the quality of the essays submitted by all Entrants.
- There are no substitutions permitted for any awarded prize. A prize will only be awarded to the person submitting the entry and may not be sold, assigned, or otherwise transferred.
MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation, 1101 Connecticut Avenue NW, 9th Floor, Washington, District of Columbia 20006