MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship 2021United StatesCanada
What is MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship 2021?
MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship 2021 is an initiative of MPOWER Financing to recognise the potential of women in science. This annual scholarship will be awarded to those female students (18 years or older) who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at an MPOWER supported school in the US or Canada. Under this scholarship, the selected scholars will receive a scholarship of up to USD 3,000.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by MPOWER Financing. It is a mission-driven fintech company and provider of global educational loans.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a female candidate
- Be enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at one of MPOWER’s partner universities for the remainder of the undergraduate study and/or for a graduate degree program
- Have one of the following immigration statuses:
- For study at a U.S. partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or DACA recipient status
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder
What are the benefits ?
The scholarship offers the following benefits to selected scholars -
- One scholarship of USD 3,000;
- Honorable Mentions (2): USD 1,000 and USD 500
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Fill in all the relevant details in the application form.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
What are the documents required for the MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship 2021?
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- A copy of transcripts (Or admission letter)
- Proof of citizenship, gender and immigration status (i.e., passport and visa)
- Two brief essays
What are the selection criteria ?
The shortlisting of the scholar will be based on:
- The quality of the applicant’s written essays; the essays should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision and superior writing skills in English;
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction;
- The applicant’s potential to make significant contributions in a STEM field that will benefit people and/or the planet;
- The applicant’s track record and/or potential as a role model and advocate for women and girls in STEM.
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 20th July 2021
Terms and Conditions
- There are no substitutions permitted for any awarded prize. A prize will only be awarded to the person submitting the entry and may not be sold, assigned or otherwise transferred.
- Any transfer or attempted transfer shall be void. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- The list of winners will be available to view on the MPOWER official website and in any press releases or other media announcements.
Public Benefit Corporation,
1875 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington,
District of Columbia 20009