Israel Government scholarship is offered by the Government of Israel, in partnership with the Government of India for Indian students, to help them pursue research/specialization or short-term courses from renowned universities/institutions in Israel, recognised by the Israeli Council of Higher Education. Started as a part of the cultural agreement between Israel and India, the Israel Government scholarship majorly covers two types of financial aid, namely – scholarship for summer language courses, and research scholarship for one academic year. Students who wish to head-start their career with education abroad from Israel can seek this scholarship to fund their education.
This article provides with all the relevant information related to the scholarship such as its eligibility, application process, award details, important dates, selection procedure, and more. Before heading on to the detailed description of the Israel Government Scholarship, here is a brief overview of the scholarship to acquaint you with its basic and relevant information.
Israel Government Scholarship – The Complete Overview
|1.||Name of the Scholarship||Israel Government Scholarship|
|2.||Provider Details||Government of Israel and Government of India|
|3.||Level of Study||
|4.||Place of Study||Israeli Universities|
|6.||Application Timeline||Between October and November*
For 2019-20 the deadline is 30 November 2019
|7.||Declaration of Results||May*|
|8.||Number of Scholarships||7 (5 scholarship for long-term course and 2 scholarships for short-term course)|
|9.||Award Details||Partial or full scholarships|
|10.||Term of the Scholarship||One academic year (8-months) for long-term courses|
|11.||Scholarship Application||Apply online through the Sakshat portal of MHRD.|
Israel Government Scholarship – Eligibility
Who are the students eligible for the Israel Government scholarship? Is there any age limitation to apply for the scholarship? Get an answer to all these questions in detail in this section. Largely, the scholarship is open to citizens of various countries namely, India, Austria, Canada, Bulgaria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Finland, Estonia, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, Korea, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Moldova, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Slovak Republic, Republic of Serbia, Spain, Slovenia, Turkey and Switzerland. Furthermore, the key eligibility conditions that each Indian student has to fulfill for the scholarship include –
- They must have a letter of acceptance for an Israeli university/supervisor.
- The applicants must possess a master’s degree in the relevant field to apply for research/specialization programme in the field of Chemistry, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Biology, Environment Studies, Business Management, Economics and Mass Communication.
- To apply for the Hebrew language and literature course (short-term), applicants must be pursuing a post-graduate course in this subject.
- There is no age limitation applicable for this scholarship.
- Students who are staying abroad are not eligible.
- They must also provide proof of proficiency in English or Hebrew language.
- The scholarship is also open for students who have been abroad for research/training/study purpose for more than six months either on a scholarship or their own, only if they have been in India for at least 2 years after their return.
- Also, only the subjects specified above in the overview table are acceptable for this scholarship.
Israel is one of the booming study abroad destination.
Israel Government Scholarship – How to Apply?
The application procedure to follow to apply for the Israel Government scholarship is simple and easy. Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship online through the Sakshat portal of MHRD. What are the steps to be followed to ensure successful application of the scholarship? Get a step-by-step description of the application process hereunder –
Step 1: Visit the official website of Sakshat, the online portal of MHRD. (Note: The scholarship application page remains open only when the scholarship is open).
Step 2: Select “Israel Government Scholarship” and click on the “Online Application Form”.
Step 3: Fill the application form online and upload all supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Step 5: The applicants will receive their registration number and password after successful submission of the application. Note these details carefully for future reference.
Note: Only online applications are accepted. The applicants are not required to submit any hard copy of the application.
Israel Government Scholarship – Documents Required
While applying for the Israel Government scholarship, the students need to provide the following documents in support of their application –
- Passport size coloured photograph of the applicant (.jpg or jpeg format)
- Signature of the applicant (.jpg or .jpeg format)
- Self-attested mark sheets of class 10 and 12
- Letter of acceptance from an Israeli university/supervisor
- Transcripts of bachelor’s or master’s degree from university/college
Applicants should make sure that the size of the file for each document should be less than 530 KB.
Israel Government Scholarship – Award Details
The Israel Government scholarship is open to students coming from different countries who are under cultural agreement with Israel. For Indian students, a total of seven scholarships are being offered out of which 2 scholarships are available for short-term summer language course of Hebrew Language and Literature. The amount disbursed each year is decided by the Government of Israel based on the availability of budget. However, students are eligible to get either full scholarship or partial scholarship. The details of scholarship award are given here under –
- Full scholarship – Tuition fees, monthly allowance for 8 months only (one-academic year) and basic health insurance.
- Partial scholarship – Part of tuition fees, monthly allowance for 8-months only (one-academic year) and basic health insurance.
Besides this, the students have to bear the cost of accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements by themselves.
Israel Government Scholarship – Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of Israel Government scholarship involves initial screening of the applications received by MHRD. Preference is given to students who hold a letter of acceptance from one of the Israeli universities/institutions which are ranked higher in the QS World Universities ranking. Thereafter, the shortlisted applicants are further nominated for the scholarship by MHRD. The final selection of the scholars is made by the Government of Israel. Students who are shortlisted for nominations are required to appear for their document verification at the venue and time intimated MHRD. Students need to bring the following documents for verification –
Completed application form of the Israel Government Scholarship prescribed by the Government of Israel (Note: The applicants can download the application form from the official website of MHRD)
- Original mark sheets and certificates/degree/diploma of class 10, 12, bachelor’s, and master’s courses
- Self-attested copied of all original documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed proposal of research/specialisation
- Letter of acceptance from an Israeli university
- Two letters of recommendation from professors/lecturers who taught the candidates
- Certificate of Health
- Three photographs
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer (applicable for employed applicants)
Israel Government Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query related to Israel Government scholarship, please write to the concerned department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Israel at email@example.com.