GMAT – Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is an important admission requirement in international business schools. The exam is a multiple-choice, computer-based and computer-adaptive standardized exam that is required for admission to graduate business programs worldwide. The GMAT is developed and administered by GMAC to provide business schools with common measures of applicants readiness for graduate academic work.
GMAT – QnA
Q. What is GMAT and who should give the exam?
A. GMAT is a computer adaptive test that is required for admission to graduate business programs like MBA around the world. It measures skills like reading, writing, quantitative reasoning, and critical thinking. MBA aspirants who wish to study for MBA from a foreign university.
Q. Why you should give the GMAT exam?
A. It will help management aspirants demonstrate commitment, motivation, and ability to succeed in business school. It measures critical thinking and reasoning skills important in business school and increases your earning potential and open a world of opportunities. Business schools trust the GMAT exam to inform admission decisions.
Q. How hard is GMAT compared to other study abroad exams?
A. Verbal and writing sections of the exam are the most challenging part for the test takers who are non-native English speakers. Some of the GMAT questions have unusual formats and multi-parts which many applicants find difficult to attempt and score well in it. Time constraint and long exam hours are also considered challenging for some candidates.
Q. How much does the GMAT exam cost?
A. For this year, the GMAT exam cost is the following:
- GMAT Registration Fee – USD 250
- GMAT Preparation Cost – approx. USD 349
- Rescheduling GMAT Fee – USD 60
Q. How to apply for GMAT exam?
Any Study abroad MBA aspirant can follow the steps below to register for the exam in their home country:
- The first step towards online registration is to visit the authorized GMAT official website’s Registration page.
- Once the candidate has logged on to the GMAT official website, they will have to fill in the required basic information such as name, address etc.
- The candidate will have to create an ID and password. To choose the test centre, visit the homepage.
- Make an online payment of the application fee, which is USD 250.
- After the completion of these steps, the candidate can log in and select the date and place to take the exam.