SKEMA Business School (School of Knowledge Economy and Management) located in Lille, Paris, Sophia Antipolis in France and in four other locations worldwide is a renowned business school that trains and educates students to compete in the challenging business world. It is a private business school which was founded in 2009 as a result of the merger between the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce (ESC), Lille and CERAM Business School, Sophia Antipolis. It welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who have great potential and respect the values of ethics and responsibility. The school is ranked as one of the top MBA schools in the world because of its multiculturalism, student diversity and transmission of concepts of lifelong learning and personal development.
In this article, read about the key facts about this global business school, courses offered, admission process, fees, post MBA jobs and salaries.
SKEMA Business School – Key Facts about the MBA School
Let’s check quick facts about the school below:
- SKEMA has received 3 international accreditations (EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA) and is among the 1% of business schools in the world that holds the triple crown.
- The school’s faculty is organised in 3 academies (globalisation, innovation, digitalisation) and 1 sports and language institute (skills).
- 4 research centres (FAIRR, KTO, PRISM, STRATEGY) and 1 Global Lab in Augmented Intelligence are present in the school.
- There are 7 global campuses in 5 countries (Brazil, China, France, South Africa, United States) with more than 50 programmes (BBAs, Master in Management, Masters of Science, Specialised Masters, Doctoral Programmes, Global Executive MBA, Executive Education programmes, Summer Schools).
- There are 40 alumni clubs and 70 student clubs.
- Almost 100 incubated projects are running at SKEMA ventures.
- Students come from 120 different nationalities at SKEMA.
- There are 130 academic partnerships in more than 40 countries.
- SKEMA Business School has 400 professors, including 160 members in the academic faculty and 2,500 partner companies.
SKEMA Business School – Management Courses
At SKEMA, you can pursue UG, Graduate, Post-Graduate, Executive Education, PhD programmes and Summer school courses. We have listed the management programmes (with course name and level) at SKEMA in the given table below.
Management programs at SKEMA
BBA in Global Management
BBA in International Business
Masters in Management (Grande Ecole programme)
Specialised Masters; MSc
Short term program; Executive MBA
PhD and Doctoral Programmes
PhD in Finance & Accounting
Knowledge Technology & Organisation (KTO) PhD in Management
DBA in Project and Programme Management
Summer School Programmes
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Finance & Banking
SKEMA Business School – International Rankings
In 2018, SKEMA was ranked #4 for Masters in Finance and #25 for Masters in Management by the Finance Times. The QS has given an overall score of 70.2 out of band of 100. It has ranked the school based on the factors such as alumni outcomes, diversity, employability, thought leadership, and value for money.
SKEMA Business School – Management Programme Fees
Given below is an insight about the fees of some of the management programmes taught at SKEMA.
- BBA in International Business – The SKEMA Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business is a four-year degree program that prepares students with high managerial skills to succeed in today’s global economy. The full course fee is around EUR 40,000.
- Grande Ecole Programme Masters in Management – SKEMA has got multi-campus programme with a large variety of learning paths. It’s an English taught programme with a wide range of specialisations. The tuition fees for Master 1 year: EUR 14,000, Master 2 year: EUR 14,000 and Optional gap year: EUR 1,000.
- MSc Luxury & Fashion Management – The Luxury and Fashion Management MSc is international in its orientation, reflecting the industry itself, the international manufacturing and distribution, cross-border ownership, and global branding and communications. The course fees for 1 yr MSc is EUR 17,000 and for 2 yr MSc is EUR 30,000.
- Executive MBA – Forbes has ranked this programme at SKEMA as one of the 12 best MBAs in the world. The programme strengthens managerial skills to succeed in a global, complex, volatile and uncertain environment. You will be able to take new opportunities to develop your entrepreneurial project or expand your influence to new territories. The programme fee for the SKEMA Executive MBA is EUR 32,000.
To know about how to pursue higher studies in France, read the article on“Study in France”.
SKEMA Business School – Entry Requirements
To get admission to any of the management courses at SKEMA, the students are required to fulfil certain entry requirements. These conditions may vary from course to course. Given below is course-wise description of entry requirements –
a. BBA in Global Management ranking in 2019 is as follows: Le Point magazine ranks this BBA programme 4th among four-year BBA degrees and MOCI ranks this degree as first. An enrolled student gets double degree from North Carolina State University in the US after completing the course at SKEMA. The exchange students have to pay EUR 9,950 (for entering: autumn 2019 and spring 2020 session). The fees for January 2019 intake wasEUR 9,733. Generally, a year spent at a partner university (under 2-year Mobility Track) costs up to EUR 1,050 including tuition fees of that partner university.
Entry requirements for this programme: Applicants must hold a minimum of a French general baccalaureate or an equivalent foreign diploma (12 years of primary and secondary school).
They offer two intakes in the school year, one in September and the other in January. The following documents are required for the application:
- Academic dossier (transcripts from the two last years of school, CV, cover letter)
- Extra-curricular portfolio: reference letters, activity reports for voluntary work etc.
- English Language Skills: optional for first-year entry
b. MSc Luxury and Fashion Management – The programme taught in English at Sophia Antipolis (France) and Suzhou (China) campuses intake in the months of September and January. Students may swap campus location between semesters. The entry requirements for 1 yr MSc course is a four-year degree or equivalent degree. A good score in one of the following English language tests: TOEFL (580 institutional testing programme/237 computer-based test and 92 internet-based test), IELTS (6.5) or equivalent is also required.
SKEMA Business School – Admission Process
For any academic programmes at SKEMA, students have to check this application link here. Here, we will walk you through the procedure for applying to Masters in Management programmes at SKEMA. There are two routes to get admission into the business school.
a. If you are planning to apply only to SKEMA Business School, then you need to apply online (in the link given above). Students have to upload the following documents online:
- Copy of your passport
- Diploma or certificate of attendance if you have not yet graduated
- University grades transcript
- Written test scores (GMAT or GRE or CAT)
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
Students are also required to pay an application fee of EUR 100.
b. If you want to apply for two French Business Schools, then you need to consider Joining a School in France (JASIF) process which gathers five of the best French business schools as a process.
The deadline for the first route (rolling admissions) is throughout the year with a deadline every 15th of the month. For the second route, the following application deadlines are available: Oct, Jan, Feb, April of a given year. For more details on admission process on other courses, students are advised to check the SKEMA Business School website.
SKEMA Business School – Cost of Living in Paris
Paris is ranked 25th in cost of living index among 263 countries being compared. The data is provided by Numbeo. A single person monthly cost can be approx. EUR 1,000. Daily marketing and house rents are much more expensive than other daily needs. A studio apartment with the CROUS costs EUR 300 to EUR 500 and 1 bedroom apartment costs EUR 800 to1000. The cost of a yearly pass for a student for public transport is EUR 333.90. There are a lot of résidences universitaires (student accommodation) and restos universitaires (university restaurants) where students can attain benefits like discounts on food, library etc.
SKEMA Business School – Post MBA Salary & Jobs in France
According to the Glassdoor 2019 data, post MBA average salary in Paris, France is EUR 73,589 per year. Graduates and alumni from SKEMA Business School can earn in the field of IT & Software Development an average of USD 87,000 per annum. MBA graduates can earn an average of USD 83,000 per annum and graduates with an Executive Masters can earn up to USD 68,000 per annum. In most of the programmes at SKEMA, students will need to do internships for 4-6 months. The minimum gross hourly wage under the French Law is EUR 9.19. Taxes, etc. reduces the net wage by approximately 20%, so students should expect to earn EUR 7.35 (per hour of work) on part time work. There are basically two ways of earning while studying in France i.e.
- 12 months working part-time (maximum 17.5 hours per week)
- 9 months working part-time and 3 months full-time (35 hours/week)
SKEMA Business School – Apply to Business Programmes at SKEMA 2019-20
Listed below are some of the management courses at SKEMA
Pursuing an MBA or a management degree from France is still affordable compared to the same courses from US, UK, Canada or Australia. There are less stringent conditions on entry criteria in many business schools in France (like GMAT may be optional) compared to the similar degree entry conditions in other countries mentioned above. Globally renowned HEC, ESSEC, INSEAD in France are quite difficult to crack in for pursuing Management programs. International students can also pursue MBA from the management schools in France listed below.
- Brest Business School
- Toulouse Business School
- Neoma Business School
- Renne Business School
- ESSCA Business School
- EMLV Business School
- IPAG Business School
- IESEG Business
- Grenoble Business School
- ISC Paris Business School
- Kedge Business School
- ICN Business School
- EDHEC Business School
- EM Normandie Business School
- IDRAC Business School
- INSEEC Business School
- FIGS Business School
To get into details on the schools mentioned above, visit “France Business Schools” courses page here.