Hans Böckler Foundation PhD Scholarship 2020Germany
What is Hans Böckler Foundation PhD Scholarship 2020?
Hans Böckler Foundation invites applications for Hans Böckler Foundation PhD Scholarship 2020 from doctoral students. The purpose of this scholarship is to award the outstanding research students for their commitment to socio-political issues or labour unions. The selected scholars would be able to receive a payment of EUR 1,350 per month and research cost allowance, family and child allowance, and comprehensive non-material support as well.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The Hans Böckler Foundation, an institute of the German Federation of Trade Unions (DGB) is offering this scholarship to promote research and studies.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a doctoral candidate enrolled at German institutions of Higher Studies in any discipline
- Be enrolled in graduate schools or junior researcher groups
- Be a gifted doctoral candidate with a promising doctoral project
- Show commitment to socio-political issues or labour unions
- Be admitted to postgraduate studies at an institution of higher education in Germany, state-owned or recognized from the state
What are the benefits ?
About 120 scholarships are offered per year for a maximum duration of four years with the following benefits:
- Grant of EUR 1,350 per month
- Research cost allowance of EUR 100
- Foreign residence allowance
- Contribution to travel costs
- Contribution to tuition fees
- Non-material support for networking meetings, seminars, events, etc.
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to apply online.
Step 2: Provide personal and academic information.
Step 3: Write statements for research proposal and commitment to socio-political issues or labour unions
Step 4: Submit the application.
What are the documents required for the Hans Böckler Foundation PhD Scholarship 2020?
- Copies of academic certificates
- Research proposal
- Enrolment certificate, if available
- Supervisor report
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 15th October 2020 Every year
Terms and Conditions
- The standard duration of the scholarship is two years. The funding period can be increased twice on the ground of technical reasons and up to another year on the ground of the candidate’s disability or parental leave.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship grant is four years.
Hans Böckler Foundation