Maynooth University PhD Studentship in Economics 2019Ireland
What is Maynooth University PhD Studentship in Economics 2019?
The Maynooth University’s Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting invites applications for the PhD Studentship in Economics 2019 also known as Graduate Teaching Studentship. Under this program, 1 scholarship will be awarded to the scholar who wishes to go for doctoral studies in Economics in September 2019 or is in the primitive stage of his/her PhD studies. The selected scholar will receive full tuition fee of approximately EUR 6200 per annum, a maintenance award of EUR 9007 per annum and other benefits.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Maynooth University’s Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting is offering this scholarship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible for this studentship, an applicant must:
- Be commencing a full-time PhD degree study in September 2019
- Have first class or 2.1 honours primary degree in the subject area or a relevant master's degree accepted by the Department.
- Have brilliant oral and written communication and language skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Be able to manage time skillfully
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to work under the supervision
- Be self-motivated
- Have the ability to accept collegiate responsibilities and act accordingly.
What are the benefits ?
The awarded candidate will be entitled to get the following benefits:
- An annual tuition fee support of approximately EUR 6200.
- An annual fixed maintenance award of EUR 9007.
- Opportunity to participate in the internal departmental activities as a Graduate Teaching Assistant with pre-requisite to undertake teaching support duties for up to 25% of the academic study year. These duties will be carried out under the supervision of the Head of Department, or a member of staff nominated by the Head.
How can you apply ?
Interested candidates can apply for the studentship through following steps -
Step 1: Prepare the application documents.
Step 2: Submit the application via email to email@example.com with ‘Graduate Teaching Studentship’ as the subject line.
What are the documents required for the Maynooth University PhD Studentship in Economics 2019?
Applicants are asked to submit the following documents in their application email:
- A covering letter outlining the candidates’ suitability for the grant, emphasizing the relevant teaching/ tutoring experience and the applicability of their proposed research project to the Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae copy.
- A summary of about 2500-3000 words highlighting the applicant’s proposed Ph.D. research.
What are the selection criteria ?
The selection procedure for the studentship involves -
- Initial assessment of the application by the Departmental Postgraduate Research Committee.
- Interview of the shortlisted applicants.
Selection for this studentship will be made on the basis of -
- Research potential in the area aligned with the priorities of the department's research.
- Potential and aptitude to provide high-quality teaching support.
What are the important dates ?
Application Deadline: 28th July 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The performance of the recipient will be reviewed annually based on which the tenure of the studentship will be decided.
- 5 years or 4 years is the expected duration of the studies subject to the annual review of progress and performance in teaching support activities.
- The benefit of the studentship is cumulative i.e. a maximum of 5 years is available. Master’s students may receive the benefit for not more than 2 years while the PhD students for not more than 5 years.
- The fixed stipend of EUR 9007 will be paid in twelve equal instalments from October to September and will include 8% holiday pay.
For more information, click here.