MSIF McDonald Fellowships 2023Abroad
What is MSIF McDonald Fellowships 2023?
MSIF McDonald Fellowships 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) International Federation (an international body linking the activities of various national multiple sclerosis societies) to candidates working in the field of multiple sclerosis. The fellowship enables early-career multiple sclerosis researchers from low-income countries to work in a research institution outside of their own country. Selected candidates will receive up to £60,000 and other benefits for 2 years.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) International Federation (an international body linking the activities of various national Multiple Sclerosis societies) is offering the fellowship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a citizen of India
- be pursuing postgraduation (MSc/PhD/MD) in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis
- be working or studying in another country on a project supported by an MS International Federal grant which started within six months before the nomination
What are the benefits ?
Selected candidates will receive a yearly grant of £30,000 GBP for 2 years to cover travel expenses, and living costs, and an additional contribution of £2,000 GBP per year will be provided to the host institution.
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below-
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email ID.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply’ section and click the ‘Online Application Form’ link.
Step 4: Fill up all the required details and upload the necessary documents to complete the application.
What are the documents required for the MSIF McDonald Fellowships 2023?
What are the selection criteria ?
A panel of scientists and people affected by MS will be selected by MSIF’s McDonald Fellowship programme which will consider and select successful candidates.
What are the important dates ?
Application Start Date – 1st April 2023
Application End Date – 30th June 2023
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship can be used as a supplement for work related to MS by a candidate who has been accepted for training in a recognised institute (within the six months before nomination) but who doesn’t have enough money to cover the total cost.
- Projects are only accepted if the risk of travel is low. The project will be then carried out safely with minimal risk to the applicant.
- There are sufficient resources and supervision to allow the proposed project to take place, and the project demonstrates sufficient value to the applicant.
- Application forms will be revised to include a question asking the applicant to write a plan for how to conduct the work or a part of the work if unable to travel.
- The McDonald Fellowships are conditional on commencing no later than the end of 2023.
- This is a joint application from the applicant and host. Before nomination, candidates need to have identified a suitable project and host supervisor at an institution outside of their own country. A project host must be agreed upon before commencing the application.
- Candidates and Host supervisors are required to read and sign the Terms and Conditions of the award.
Note - For more details, kindly refer to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ document.
MS International Federation
200 Union Street
London SE1 0LX
Telephone Number - (+44) (0)20 7620 1911