UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023United Kingdom
What is UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023?
UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023 is offered by the National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU)* in partnership with ETS TOEFL**. It is offered to a total of 25 Indian students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies at a UK university. Selected candidates will receive a one-time grant of USD 3,000.
National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU)* is the oldest and largest network of Indian students, alumni, and young professionals in the UK.
ETS TOEFL** is a platform to test and measure the ability of an applicant to combine listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills in the classroom and other required places.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU) in partnership with ETS TOEFL is offering the scholarship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian passport holder
- hold an offer letter for UG or PG course from a university in the UK
- have scored a minimum of 75 out of 120 in the TOEFL test in the last 2 years
- be enrolling for the first time at a UK university
What are the benefits ?
Selected candidates will receive a one-time grant of USD 3,000 within 60 days after ETS India has received a copy of the signed notice of acceptance.
Note - The scholarship grant is intended to provide financial support for college expenses, including but not limited to tuition, books, housing deposits, transportation, and others.
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below-
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email ID.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Application Process’ section, fill in all the required details, and upload the necessary documents.
Step 4: Once done, click on the ‘Submit your Scholarship Application’ button to complete the application.
What are the documents required for the UK-India TOEFL Scholarship 2023?
- TOEFL test course report
- An essay on ‘Creating a social impact with a UK-based Education’ (500 words)
- Marksheets from Classes 10 to12 and graduation (if applicable)
Note - All the documents must be uploaded as per the prescribed format (PDF, JPG, or PNG format – 5MB max, without spaces or accents in the filename).
What are the selection criteria ?
A panel of NISAU and UK University representatives will select the winners of this scholarship. The selection process will based on a comparison of the merits of all candidates. It consists of the following three steps -
Step 1 - Applications will be initially assessed based on the eligibility and the completeness of the supporting documentation of the applicants.
Step 2 - The essay submission will be assessed along with other academic and personal credentials on the following evaluation criteria -
- Applicant’s motivation to study in the UK.
- Contribution of the grant program to the academic development of the applicant in the UK.
- Previous achievements of the applicants that align with the values of the grant program and their goals to pursue the courses upon the provision of the grant.
Step 3 - A maximum of 25 applicants will be selected.
What are the important dates ?
Application Start Date – 15th August 2023
Application End Date – 31st October 2023
Scholarship List Notification - 20th November 2023
Terms and Conditions
- A notification will be sent via email to the selected candidates from ETS India.
- An applicant must not be a party or in any way related to any litigation in India or outside India.
- The selection criteria for all the applicants are assessed in a non-discriminatory, confidential, efficient, and transparent manner. No request for reconsideration of results or notification of outcome will be accepted.
- Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee that the applicant will receive the scholarship.
- ETS India reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship of the successful recipient due to the applicant’s ineligibility or non-adherence of the terms and conditions.
- The successful recipient of the scholarship will act as an ambassador for TOEFL and participate in advertisement campaigns or international events to promote TOEFL and other products offered by ETS India.
- After the completion of the course, successful recipients are required to speak to other potential applicants as a global alumnus. They will speak about the scholarship program and their personal experiences regarding the whole process.
- A successful recipient might need to repay the scholarship amount in full or pro-rata basis based on the decision of ETS India.
- In case of a medical emergency, a recepient can withdraws the scholarship amount. However, medical reports are required to be sumbitted to ETS India.
- The responsibility of ETS India is only limited to the extent of payment of the scholarship amount (in INR) to the successful candidates in their indicated bank accounts.
- ETS India has the absolute discretion in the grant of scholarship and any decision of ETS India in this regard will be final and binding on the applicants.
- Any disputes arising out of these terms and conditions and/or grant of the UK-India TOEFL Scholarship will be subject to the courts of New Delhi, India.
Email ID - email@example.com | Telephone Number - 1800-123-9418 (8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week)