VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021Canada
What is VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021?
The York University invites applications from PhD degree holders for VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021. The fellowship aims to support distinguished researchers from other national or international institutions to carry out postdoctoral research under the supervision of a VISTA core member that is aligned with the VISTA (Vision: Science to Applications) program.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the York University, Canada
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Hold a PhD degree from a national or international institution
- Be doing postdoctoral research which is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of VISTA core member
- Provide evidence of excellence in their field
What are the benefits ?
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits:
- Minimum CAD 70,000 per annum for up to 2 years
- Annual research allowance of CAD 7,500
- Annual networking allowance CAD 1,000
How can you apply ?
Follow the following steps to apply:
Step 1: Find a VISTA Core Member as a supervisor.
Step 2: Click on the 'Apply Now' button and read all details.
Step 3: Email the completed application form along with required documents to email@example.com.
Note: The letters of support should be sent directly from referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the documents required for the VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021?
- Completed application form
- A one-page summary of the proposed research
- Voluntary self-identification survey in the specified format
- Postdoctoral Supervisor Form in the specified format
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Reference
Note: Referees do not include the proposed supervisor. The proposed supervisor may opt to submit a maximum of 5 pages letter of reference.
What are the selection criteria ?
The fellows will be selected on the basis of -
- Strength of the candidate
- Strength of the research proposal
- Fit with the goals of the VISTA program
The distinguished fellows have to meet additional standards of excellence to receive the fellowship.
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 23rd April 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The applicants have to accept or decline the offer made within 21 days from the date of the offer.
- The evidence of excellence may include best paper awards, high impact venues, or other measures of achievement and recognition.
4700 Keele Street
M3J 1P3 Canada