As per a joint survey by ‘Universities Canada’ and ‘Startup Canada’, Canadian universities provide above 60 business incubators, accelerators and start-up programmes. This is one of the primary reasons for Canada’s entrepreneurial economic growth. For your information, business incubators are organisations that help in accelerating the growth and success of start-up’s by providing them with office space and shared facilities. Business accelerators, on the other hand, do the same functions while also providing funding opportunities.
Hence, Canada is a great destination to pursue business-related courses. According to a research conducted by CarringtonCrisp, an education marketing organization, Canada is the 4th most popular destination among business students. This survey was conducted among 1211 students from over 74 countries in the year 2018.
In this article, we would lay stress on the popular universities in Canada for business programs, course details, average salaries and other crucial information necessary for students.
Each of these provinces possess highly acclaimed universities for business courses (according to the QS World University Rankings) and also encourage quality living and affordable education.
Have you finished higher studies in Canada? Read – High Paying Jobs in Canada
1. Rotman School of Management (University of Toronto) – Though the management school is popular for its reputed MBA courses, it also provides quality bachelors courses and other specializations in many fields related to business. Marketing, Management, Accounting and Human Resources are popular business specializations which are available to the students.
As for MBA courses, students may prefer any of the 4 available programs. These are:
Students can also seek for a PHD or a masters in finance. Thus, a plethora of options are available for the students who want to pursue business degrees from a top-notch university.
|Course||Duration||Approximate annual fee|
|Bachelors of Business Administration – Management||4 years||CAD 53,000|
|Bachelors of Business Administration – Management and Accounting||4 years||CAD 53,000|
|B.Com Rotman||4 years||CAD 53,000|
|MBA – Global Management||2 years||CAD 63,000 – CAD 66,000|
2. Ivey Business School (University of Western Ontario) – This business school offers HBA (Honors in Business Administration), PhD, MBA, EMBA and MSc programs. Ivey also holds the title of launching the “1st MBA and PHD program in Canada”. Top specializations for business includes International Business, Finance, Managerial Accounting and Entrepreneurship.
Are you curious to know what are the best student places in Canada? Read – Best place to study in Canada.
Aspiring candidates must –
|Course||Duration||Approximate annual fee|
|Honors in Business Administration||5 years||CAD 33,000|
|PhD – Doctor of Philosophy in Business||4 years||CAD 3,400|
3. Algonquin College – Being one of the finest business schools in Canada, Algonquin College offers a range of business courses. Some of the popular business specializations at Algonquin college are Business Accounting, Business Administration, Management and Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management and Business Intelligence Research.
|Course||Duration||Full tuition fee (approx.)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (e-Supply Chain Management) ( Honors)||4 years||CAD 71,800|
|College Diploma in Business||42 weeks||CAD 23,800|
|College Diploma in Business – Marketing||2 years||CAD 30,800|
1. Sauder School of Business (University of British Columbia) – There are a number of graduate and undergraduate programs available at the Sauder School of Business that range from a 4-year bachelor’s programme to the international exchange programs. Students may opt for joint programs, international programs or even combined programs. Both full-time and part-time MBA programs are also available.
|Bachelor of Commerce||4 Years||September||CAD 49,000 (1st year, 30 credits)|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)- Accounting||4 Years||September||CAD 8,700 (annual)|
|Masters of Business Analytics||1 Year, 39 Credit Hours||September||CAD 55,700 (entire course)|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)- Finance||4 Years||September||CAD 8,700 (annual)|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)- Marketing||4 Years||CAD 8,700 (annual)|
2. Faculty of Business Administration (Simon Fraser University)- As per the QS Rankings, this university is the 314th best university in the world, and its faculty of business administration stands in the elite league of top business schools in Canada. The business programs are offered with flexible structures, including the evening session courses that are ideal for the working students. The course options available at the business school includes Co-op programmes, international business programs, bachelor courses and master’s courses.
|Course||Duration||Starts||Approximate fee (Approx)|
|BBA – Business Finance||120 units||September||CAD 1100 (per unit)|
|BBA – Innovation and Entrepreneurship||120 units||September||CAD 1100 (per unit)|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Business Administration (Online/Distance)||4-5 years||September||CAD 1900 (per term)|
|Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Online/Distance)||1-2 years||May||CAD 16,000 (entire course fee)|
|Certificate in Business Analytics and Decision Making||27 units (min)||September||NA|
3. VIU’s Faculty of Management (Vancouver Island University) – Located in Nanaimo, the VIU”s Faculty of Management is one of Canada’s only 3 business schools which are accredited by the ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), a popular US organization which offers accreditations to top business programs all over the world.
|Course||Duration||Starts||Apply by||Annual Fee (approx.)|
|BBA – Accounting||4 years||September||End of March||CAD 16,680|
|BBA – International Business||4 years||September||End of March||CAD 16,680|
|BBA – Marketing||4 years||September||End of March||CAD 16,680|
|BBA – Management||4 years||September||End of March||CAD 16,680|
|Diploma in Business Administration||2 years||September||–||CAD 15,200|
|Graduate Certificate in Business||1 year||September||–||CAD 19,000|
|MBA||14 months||September||–||CAD 32,000 – 35,000|
1. McGill’s Desautels Faculty of Management – Established in the year 1906, it is one of the most prestigious and oldest business Schools in Canada. With over 30,000 alumni from all around the globe, Desautels has paved a way for bright futures of students for decades now. With a perfect blend of world-class education and affordable living facilities, Desautels certainly is one of the finest places to study business studies in Canada. This business school leaves no stone unturned in helping the scholars, who are not financially sound, by awarding multiple scholarships.
|Course||Duration||Annual Fee (approx.)|
|B.Com – Major Accounting||3 – 4 years||CAD 48,700|
|B. Com – Major Economics||3 – 4 years||CAD 48,700|
|B. Com – Marketing Major||3 – 4 years||CAD 48,700|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Management||4 years||CAD 15,630|
|Masters of Management in Analytics (MMA)||45 credit hours||CAD 33,000|
|Masters of Business Administration in Management (Non-Thesis) – Finance||57 credit hours||CAD 44,500|
|Masters of Business Administration in Management (Non-Thesis) – Marketing||57 credit hours||CAD 44,500 (|
2. The Williams School of Business, Bishop’s University – This business school plays a vital role in enhancing the popularity of the Bishop’s University among international students. Renowned for its impeccable quality of bachelor’s courses , more than 1/5th students in the Bishop’s University are enrolled in this esteemed faculty of business. The programs are also validated by the Network of International Business Schools (NIBS), a stellar association of more than 70 business schools from all over the globe.
|Bachelor’s of Business Administration (B.B.A) – Accounting||120 credit hours||September||CAD 750 (per credit)|
|Bachelor’s of Business Administration (B.B.A) – Finance||120 credit hours||September||CAD 750 (per credit)|
|Bachelor’s of Business Administration (B.B.A) – Marketing and Entrepreneurship||120 credit hours||September||CAD 750 (per credit)|
|Certificate in Business Administration||30 credit hours||September||CAD 16,000 (annual)|
|Bachelor’s of Business Administration (B.B.A) – International Business||120 credit hours||September||CAD 750 (per credit)|
3. John Molson School of Business, Concordia University– Located in the mesmerizing city of Montreal, one of the best cities for international students, John Molson School of Business is one of the rapidly growing business institutions in Canada. With more than 150 faculty members from over 30 countries and a close to 55,000 alumni working worldwide, the business school certainly is amongst the top business schools in the Quebec Province. There are as much as 18 programmes available in 5 departments. John Molson School of Business is even ranked by Bloomberg as the top institution in Canada for MBA in Entrepreneurship. The Economist ranks it as the 2nd best EMBA course in Canada.
Top Bachelors Programmes at John Molson School of Business:
Business Certificate Programmes at John Molson School of Business :
MBA Programmes at John Molson School of Business:
Professional Programmes at John Molson School of Business:
Research Programs at John Molson School of Business
1. Alberta School of Business – Established in 1916, the Alberta School of Business is regarded as one of the finest publicly-funded institutions in Canada. It was also the first business institution in Canada which was validated by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
Alberta School of Business offers various courses like Bachelor’s of Commerce, Master’s in Business Administration and doctorate courses as well.
Bachelor’s of Commerce Programmes at Alberta School of Business
Alberta School of Business is one of the very few colleges in Canada to offer a bilingual Bachelor’s of Commerce. Since French is considered as the second language in Canada, this course is quite popular among the international as well as local students.
Specialized Full-time MBA Programmes (20 Months) at Alberta School of Business:
Specialized PhD Programmes at Alberta School of Business:
The Alberta School of Business provides EMBA programmes and has collaborated with Xi’an Jiaotong University for MBA and MFM (Masters of Financial Management) programmes in Shenzhen and Shanghai, China.
2. Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary – Haskayne Business School offers a wide range of courses from bachelors and masters to the PhD and other professional courses in business.
Top Specializations for the Bachelor’s in Commerce at Haskayne School of Business:
MBA Programmes at Haskayne School of Business:
Doctors in Business Administration (DBA) is also offered at the Haskayne Business School. The aspiring candidate must have completed his/her bachelor’s and master’s in business from a recognized university. The application deadline falls in the month of August.
|State||Annual Salary in CAD (approx.)|
|State||Annual Salary (CAD)|
|State||Annual Salary (CAD)|
|State||Annual Salary (CAD)|
Ans. According to the 2019 QS rankings, the top business schools in Canada are Rotman School of Management, Desautels Faculty of Management, Ivey Business School and Schulich school of business.
Ans. The average salary of an MBA graduate in Canada is CAD 79,076. Though, fresh graduates don’t get this much and they may expect a base salary of CAD 34,000 (approx.) at the start of their professional careers.
Ans. Yes, there are various business schools which provide evening or part-time MBA courses. John Molson School of Business, Haskayne School of Business, Desautels Faculty of Management and Rotman School of Management are some of the top business schools which provide part-time MBA courses in Canada.
Ans. Ontario is the highest paying region in Canada for business planning professionals. An established professional earns an average of CAD 220,000 per year. Quebec, British Columbia and Alberta are other regions which also pay high salaries to business planning professionals.