Germany is one of the most popular study abroad destinations in Europe. Some of the reasons why international students prefer Germany for higher studies are :
- World-class universities
- Sophisticated educational facilities
- Large international communities
- Affordable living costs and low tuition fees
Germany – QnA
Q. Why should you choose Germany as a study abroad destination?
A. Germany is one of the most popular education destinations for international students. It has world-class degrees, variety of educational facilities, low tuition fees, large International student community, affordable living costs and numerous scholarships to pursue higher studies in Germany.
Q. What are the requirements to study in Germany?
A. Students have to select the right degree and university in Germany. To apply for a course at a German university, read the instructions below:
- The applicant will need to provide Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (HZB) (higher education entrance qualification) or equivalent.
- Students will go through a selection process for getting enrolled into a university in Germany.
- It depends on how good are your high school grade (GPA) – the higher your score, the greater the chances to be admitted.
- You will need to have some knowledge of German language because most of UG courses are taught in German but some of UG and Master’s level courses are also taught in English medium. You will definitely need to provide valid IELTS or TOEFL score to become eligible for such courses.
Q. Can I study in Germany for free?
A. Yes, you can study for free at public universities. There are almost 300 public universities in Germany, and there are more than 1,000 study programmes in total. Some of the top universities in Germany where you can study for free or low tuition fees:
- University of Cologne
- Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- RWTH Aachen University
Q. Can I Study in Germany in English?
A. If you have limited German language you could consider taking an English-language program. There are a growing number of English-taught programs at universities in Germany, mainly at the postgraduate level. If you are a non-native English speaker, you may be required to provide English-language proficiency proof such as TOEFL or IELTS.
Q. How much does it cost to study in Germany?
A. Students can study in Germany for free but living expenses are unavoidable. The cost of living in Germany is more expensive in some areas than others. Munich, for example, is considered the most expensive German city to live with living costs approx. EUR 12,000 per year.