PTE Test Booking is a mandatory step for candidates who wish to test their English knowledge. Pearson Test of English is a computer-based language assessment exam, whose scores are used by international universities/colleges for admission purposes, governments for immigration applications and other organisations for job applications or other activities. Moreover, the test attempted by the candidates is graded by an algorithm/Artificial Intelligence leaving no scope for bias. Also, the PTE test booking remains active throughout the year and the PTE exam dates are available at least six to eight times in a month.
In this article, we have covered step-by-step procedure required for PTE test booking, information about PTE exam dates and a lot more. So, let’s first read about the exam schedule of this English assessment test.
PTE Test Booking – Exam Dates
Pearson Test of English is a flexible testing program that offers aspiring candidates the opportunity to schedule their test at their own convenience as it is conducted round the year. There are approximately 6 to 7 PTE exam dates in every month of the year. The candidates must keep in mind that the exam dates of this test vary from centre-to-centre.
You can also explore courses, universities, admissions, scholarship options to go abroad for higher studies in our study abroad admission page.
PTE Test Booking – Application
Every year, thousands of candidates appear for the Pearson Test of English for different purposes such as admission into international universities/colleges, immigration applications and others. And to ensure that the process of PTE test booking remains smooth for applicants, Pearson Academic allows candidates to apply online through their official website. The process is quite simple and the applicants are charged INR 13,300 as standard fee and INR 16,625 as the late fee. One thing a candidate needs to keep in mind that he/she must enter his/her name in the form exactly as it appears on the ID that he/she needs to bring on the test day. Given below is a detailed step by step description about how to apply for this test.
Step 1: First, the candidates need to visit the official website of Pearson Academic and click on the ‘Book Now’ button given on the upper right side of the web page.
Step 2: A new page opens up which the applicants need to scroll down and click on the ‘Create Account’ button to register as a new user.
Step 4: Now, the candidates need to fill all the necessary information such as personal information, contact details and additional information (citizenship, country of birth, the city of birth and gender). After filling these details, the candidates reach the ‘Create Account’ page where they need to provide a username for their Pearson account, a password and security questions & answers. Then, the applicants can click on the button ‘Finish’.
Step 5: After completing the registration process, the applicants receive an email either immediately or within 2 working days. This email contains the login details of the applicants.
Step 6: The candidates need to login into their Pearson account using the login credentials and select ‘PTE-A: Pearson Test of English Academic’. Then, the applicants need to click on ‘Schedule this Exam’.
Step 7: The applicants must provide answers to the registration questions.
Step 8: The candidates, now, need to search for a nearby test centre which is convenient for them to reach. Then, select a date from among different PTE exam dates and time from among the available dates.
Step 9: After confirming the location, date and time of the test to be undertaken by the candidates, the applicants must agree to the terms and conditions of Admission policy and then, make the payment to complete their PTE test booking.
Step 10: The applicants receive an email confirming their PTE test booking and all the instructions that they need to follow on the day of the test.
* Note: The candidates can cancel or reschedule their English test by contacting the designated authorities on the phone (For Indian candidates: 0008004402020) or logging into their Pearson account or through chat with customer service of Pearson Academic.
PTE Exam – Important Registration Checklist
Besides following the steps for registration mentioned above, there are a few points that the applicants must keep in mind while booking for the test. Find below the list of things to remember.
- The candidates must pay the full amount of the fee requested for booking the test. The fee should be paid in the currency specified for the country where the candidates intend to take the test.
- The candidates can complete their payments either by using credit cards (Visa®/MasterCard®/American Express®/JCB®) or debit cards (Visa®/MasterCard®).
- The applicants can also utilize a voucher (if they receive any) while paying the fee. However, the voucher can not be used while rescheduling the test.
- The candidates also must keep in mind that a late booking fee is incurred in case the applicants book their test slots just 48 hours prior to the test.
- Differently abled candidates can apply to accommodate their needs at the test centre by submitting ‘Accommodations Request Form’ via email to email@example.com at least 4 weeks prior to the test.
Learn Professional English and Upgrade Your Career! Get Exclusive 20% Discount – CLICK HERE
To know more about this test in full details, read PTE Exam article
PTE Test Booking – Test Day Rules
There are a few rules and regulation that a candidate must observe on the day on the test. Following these terms can help the applicants to complete their Pearson Test of English without any hitch. Find below the terms and conditions that the candidates need to look after on PTE exam dates.
- The candidates are advised to arrive on the designated test centre at least 30 minutes prior to the test and sign in at the reception of the test centre. The candidates arriving 15 minutes after the start of the exam are not allowed to take the test.
- The applicants must carry their identification document, a valid passport in case of Indian candidates, to the test centre.
- The candidates are not allowed to carry cell/mobile phones or other electronic devices, jewelry with width more than 1 cm, watches, wallets/purses, hats, bags, coats, books and other such items inside the exam hall.
- The applicants must not eat, drink or use tobacco in the test centre.
- The applicants must remain in their own assigned seat and not cause any kind of disturbance to other candidates.
- The candidates are not allowed to take any kind of assistance from any other applicants and must not have access to any study or learning materials.
- The candidates must not tamper with the computer system in any way.
- The candidates are advised not to write down questions and answers asked in the test and share them with other people.
- On the day of the test, the Pearson takes the candidates’ photo, scan of palm vein patterns and a copy of their ID proof in addition to a spoken personal introduction.
- The applicants are also required to sign the Test Taker Rules Agreement which states that the candidates must keep the information confidential.
- The applicants are allowed to take an optional break of ten minutes after the completion of Part 2 (Reading) of the test. The candidates must keep in mind that exceeding the limit of time-break results in the deduction of time from the remaining part of the test.
- The candidates can leave the compound after finishing their test. But they must make sure that they have returned erasable noteboard booklet and other materials to the staff of the test centre.
Also, read ‘ACT Test – All You Need to Know About it’ if you wish to pursue an undergraduate degree from the US.