A-STAR Graduate Scholarship, Singapore 2021Singapore
What is A-STAR Graduate Scholarship, Singapore 2021?
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A-STAR) invites applications for A-STAR Graduate Scholarship, Singapore 2021 from PhD applicants. This scholarship programme is a collaboration between A-STAR, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and Singapore Management University (SMU), which aims at helping young students undertake research at an A-STAR Research Institute and register for their PhD candidature. The scholarship finances up to four years of PhD studies in Singapore.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A-STAR) in collaboration with Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and Singapore Management University (SMU) is offering this scholarship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Singapore and/or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy criteria for and seek admission to a PhD programme in an autonomous university
- Have received at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
- Have a strong interest in a research career
What are the benefits ?
Selected candidates will receive -
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance (including CPF contribution, if applicable)
- Other allowances including book allowance, computer allowance, conference allowance and thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button
Step 2: Click on 'Register Now' to create an account.
Step 3: Once registered, complete the application form.
Step 4: Upload the required documents.
Step 5: Submit the application.
What are the documents required for the A-STAR Graduate Scholarship, Singapore 2021?
- Identity card/Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo in JPEG/PNG format
- Singapore National Service certificate (if applicable)
- Academic Transcripts/Degree Scrolls for all qualifications and subjects
- SAT / GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / MCAT results (if applicable)
- Co-curricular activities records (if applicable)
- Awards & Publications (if available)
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 1st February 2021
Terms and Conditions
- Name, Date of Birth and email address should be filled correctly as they cannot be edited once registration is completed.
- Non-Singaporean recipients are required to render a 2-year service in Singapore-based companies without commitment to any specific organization. The area of work should preferably be in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences or Engineering.
- Applicants may submit their GRE course grades, if available.
- Applicants should concurrently apply for PhD admission to their intended university.
- The choice of PhD supervisor(s), project and university of successful candidates is subject to approval by A-STAR.
Agency for Science, Technology And Research (A-STAR)
1 Fusionopolis Way,
#20-10 Connexis North Tower,
Phone: (65) 6826 6111