AUT Doctoral Scholarships 2020New Zealand
What is AUT Doctoral Scholarships 2020?
AUT invites applications for AUT Doctoral Scholarship 2019 from high achieving research students who are currently enrolled in OR have an offer of admission in AUT. The scholarship covers full tuition fee and offers a stipend up to NZD 25,000.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is offering these scholarships to high achieving students to promote and encourage doctoral studying in its capacity.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
The following students can apply for the scholarship-
- Applicants can be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents, or international students.
- Applicants must meet the normal admission criteria for the doctoral program and have received an Offer of Place (OOP) for the doctoral program at AUT.
- Applicants must meet the criterion of English Language Proficiency as mentioned in the academic calendar, at the time of application.
What are the benefits ?
The selected candidates will get the following benefits:
- A Full Fee Scholarship
- Full fees plus an annual stipend of either NZD 15,000, NZD 20,000 or NZD 25,000
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps given below to apply:
Step 1: Complete the application process for admission into the PhD program at AUT.
(Note: For more information on how to commence the application process for PhD at AUT, click here.)
Step2: Download scholarship regulations and understand the eligibility of criteria and conditions of acceptance. Click here to download.
Step 3: Apply for the scholarship through the AUT Scholarship Application Portal.
Step 4: Click on 'Create New Account' and register.
Step 5: After the successful creation of the account, log in and complete the scholarship application form.
Step 6: Submit the 1,000 words (two pages only) statement outlining the essential points of the proposed research. The report should include the following points:
- Proposed Topic/Title
- Rationale and significance of the study
- Key Question/hypothesis/problem/issue to be Investigated
- Design of the study; the methodology and research technique(s) to be employed in the study
- Research benefits
Step 7: Upload other relevant documents and submit.
Note: Students who have not applied in the Doctoral program of AUT, will not be awarded this scholarship,
What are the documents required for the AUT Doctoral Scholarships 2020?
- An updated CV (not more than 3 pages)
- Academic transcript(s) for any previous tertiary study that was completed at a university other than AUT
- 1,000 words report outlining the essential points of the research.
(Note: The proposal must be two pages only (1,000 words) plus a maximum of one page for any references. If a longer document is provided, the applicant will be asked to revise the document to meet the requirements.)
What are the selection criteria ?
The applicant will be selected on the following basis:
- The applicant must possess an excellent academic record, strong academic references and must have demonstrated the potential for high-quality research.
- The applicant must have the equivalent of a first-class honours degree.
- The applicant's previous studies should include research methodology paper(s) and an independent research project, including the writing of a report on that research.
- The applicant's research topic should be such that AUT is able to provide supervision.
What are the important dates ?
Application closing date- 15/07/2021
Terms and Conditions
- All AUT PhD scholarships are tenable for up to three years.
- Support for a Professional Doctorate will be for up to two years only. (Note: If a candidate is already enrolled in the PhD program at AUT, the number of months between first enrolment and the scholarship closing date with a three month grace period will be deducted from the full period of support.)
- Annual renewal is dependent on satisfactory progress as demonstrated by meeting the milestones outlined in the AUT Postgraduate Handbook.
For more details, click here.
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837