DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021Belgium
What is DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021?
ASEM-DUO invites applications for DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021 from members of the academic or the scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels Higher Education Institution (HEI) or an Asian HEI pursuing it as their main occupation. The selected scholars have the opportunity to win up to EUR 5000 per month for a duration of a maximum of 2 months. The scholarship aims to promote “paired exchanges” between professors from Wallonia-Brussels HEIs and Asian ones.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by ASEM-DUO.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
The following applicants are eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be a member of the academic/scientific staff of a Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI (i.e. they must be remunerated by the HEI and it must be their main occupation).
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognized/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education.
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must sign a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years.
Note: The following applicant groups are not eligible for the fellowship:
- Students and PhD students
- Professors emeritus, honorary professors
- Teaching Assistants
Exemptions are possible for the colleges of arts. The selection committee will assess on a case-by-case basis.
What are the benefits ?
The selected scholar will win a total amount of EUR 50,000 which will be disbursed in the following ways:
- EUR 5,000 per month for two professors as the grant of the scholarship (or a total amount of EUR 50,000 for a two-month exchange for the pair).
- This amount will cover the travel expenses and per diem capped at the amount of the grant.
- The grant will be paid off in instalments the last instalment is paid after both professors have submitted a mission report.
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Attach the necessary documents along with the application.
Step 3: Transform the whole application into one pdf document.
Step 4: Submit it to the institution who will further send it to the institution belonging to the Wallonia Brussels Federation at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the documents required for the DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2021?
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- A typewritten application form in pdf format
- A copy of the academic cooperation agreement
- Passport copies of both the applicants
- An updated CV of both the applicants (maximum 5 pages, containing information relevant to the programme)
What are the selection criteria ?
The scholars for the DUO-Belgium/Wallonia-Brussels Scholarship 2020 are selected based on the following criteria:
- The coherence and quality of the research project, the teaching project and/or the project of service to the society
- The expected impact of the grant in the Asia-Europe dialogue
- The academic, scientific or artistic excellence of the applicant for e.g. publications, research or artistic project, publications with the partner institution, work experience, exhibitions, academic background, competitions, etc.)
- The expected impact of the grant on the applicant's professional career, work and institution
- The original character of the project
- The explanation for the duration of the trip
- The strength of bilateral relations between an institution of the FW-B and an Asian institution
- The applicant's knowledge of different languages
- The relevance of financial support for the applicants
What are the important dates ?
Applications open: 15th February 2021
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021
Verification of the eligibility of the applicants: 16th April 2021
Meeting of the jury: 04th May 2021
Information sent to the applicant: 30th June 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The exchange is done in pairs – one professor from a Wallonia-Brussels HEI is hosted by an Asian institution, whereas an Asian professor is hosted by a Wallonia-Brussels institution.
- The exchange must necessarily take place between the two same institutions, but does not need to take place in the same time span, nor between two identical departments.
- The fellowship program is open to all disciplines.
- Applications must be submitted between 15 April 2021.
- A mission report must be sent not later than 2 months after the end of the exchange.
- The visa application must be introduced by the recipient to the local Belgian diplomatic post.
Académie de recherche et d’enseignement supérieur – ARES
Direction des relations internationales
Rue Royale 180 – 1000 Bruxelles
Phone: +32 2 225 45 06