Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research 2024-25United States
What is Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research 2024-25?
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research 2024-25 is an opportunity offered by the United States-India Education Foundation (USIEF) to Ph.D. candidates in India. The objective is to promote further mutual understanding and exchange of knowledge and professional talents – intend to partner to build long-term capacity in the United States and India by engaging scientific and technical research scholars from both countries related to climate research and education. The selected teachers will receive a monthly stipend and other benefits.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The fellowship is being offered by the United States-India Education Foundation (USIEF).
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be registered for a Ph.D. degree at an Indian institution on or before November 1, 2022 (For U.S. applicants)
- have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India
- have a high academic background
Note: These fellowships are for pre-doctoral level research. Applicants with Ph.D. degrees or those at the final stage of Ph.D. thesis submission will not be considered.
What are the benefits ?
The following benefits will be received by the selected fellows:
- A monthly stipend
- J1 Visa support
- Accident and sickness program for exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel
- A modest settling-in allowance
- A professional allowance
How can you apply ?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'How to Apply' section and click on the first link.
Step 4: For first-time users, click on the 'Create an Account' link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 5: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, and date of birth and click on 'Continue'.
Step 6: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 7: After successfully creating the account, fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the necessary documents s in PDF format as required. (Note- Applicants who already have an account can log in using valid credentials)
Step 9: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
- The name must be entered exactly the way it appears (or will appear) on the applicant's passport.
- For detailed information, kindly go through the 'Application Detailed Instructions'.
What are the documents required for the Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research 2024-25?
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Test score reports
- Study/research objectives
- FK-DR employer’s endorsement form
- Scanned copy of the FK-DR Applicant Annexure
- Ph.D. registration certificate
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Applicant Checklist'.
What are the selection criteria ?
The selected candidate will be affiliated with one U.S. host institution. A letter of invitation from a U.S. institution should be included as part of the online application. It should indicate the duration of the visit.
What are the important dates ?
- Application due date for 2020-2021 awards - July 17, 2023
- Review applications to short-list candidates - Early-September 2023
- National interviews of short-listed candidates - Early November 2023
- USIEF notifies finalists - March/April 2024
- Beginning of the program - August/September 2024
Terms and Conditions
- On the online application form, one of the recommendations should be from the PhD supervisor that comments on the applicant’s research, and the need for the fellowship, and must indicate the PhD registration date and topic.
- USIEF strongly recommends all applicants identify institutions with which they wish to be affiliated and to correspond, in advance, with potential host institutions.
- If the applicant has secured a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, it should be included as a part of the online application.
- The selected visiting student researchers will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S.
- This grant is intended for PhD students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis. Therefore, the expected PhD thesis submission date should at least be three months after the Fulbright-Kalam grant end date. For example, if May 2024 is the grant end date, the applicants cannot submit their thesis before August 2024. Please indicate the PhD registration date and the expected PhD thesis submission date in the Applicant Annexure. The applicant can download the Applicant Annexure from the USIEF website;
- If the applicants are employed, they must follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, the applicants must obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the “Employer’s Endorsement Form.” The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
United States-India Educational Foundation,
12 Hailey Road,
New Delhi - 110001
Phone Number - (+9111) 4209-0909/2332-8944 | Email Id - firstname.lastname@example.org