Newcastle University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships 2020-21Australia
What is Newcastle University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships 2020-21?
The University of Newcastle invites applications for its Research Training Program (RTP), 2020-21 from students with Bachelor’s degree. The Research Scholarships or the Commonwealth Department of Education scholarships aim to support graduates to pursue Master’s Degree Research and Research Doctorate to build careers in academia. The selected candidates will receive an annual living allowance of AUD 27,596 per annum and other benefits.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The Scholarship is being offered by the University of Newcastle’s Research Scholarships or the Commonwealth Department of Education.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Meet the admission criteria of requisite M.Phil or Ph.D. program (HDR program) applied for
- Be accepted as a Pre-Identified Candidate (PIC) with a nominated supervisor for the respective school/program
- Meet English language proficiency requirement (IELTS: Min. 6.5)
- Have Genuine Temporary Entrant Assessment and Autonomous Sanctions completed
What are the benefits ?
The selected candidates for the Research Training Program will the following benefits:
- Annual stipend of AUD 28,092 per annum (provided in fortnightly installments)
- Relocation Allowance of AUD 1,500
- Maternity leave and other benefits
How can you apply ?
Applicants need to follow these steps to apply for this scholarship:
Step 1: Click on 'Apply Now' link mentioned below to start the application
Step 2: Click on 'How to apply' button
Step 3: Follow the mentioned step-by-step process
Step 4: Click on "Register and apply online"
Step 5: Fill the required details in the registration form
Step 6: Upload the required documents
Step 7: Click on 'Submit Application'
What are the documents required for the Newcastle University and Commonwealth Government Scholarships 2020-21?
The following documents need to be submitted with the online registration
- Research Proposal
- Expression of interest form duly signed by the nominated supervisor
- Previous academic transcripts color copies
- English translations of academic qualifications (if not English)
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of CV
What are the selection criteria ?
The assessment takes into account your academic qualifications, research credentials and prior experience.
What are the important dates ?
Application accepted throughout the year.
Terms and Conditions
- The selection of the candidate is done by the 'Dean of Graduate Research' and the committee
- The candidate needs to verify his/her email ID used for registration before applying online
- The candidate can submit only one application form
- A clear declaration is to be made while providing information regarding education
Office of Graduate Studies
CH234, The Chancellery
The University of Newcastle (UON)
Callaghan NSW 2308
Telephone: +61 2 4921 6537