South Asia Journalism Fellowship (SAJP) 2022United Kingdom
What is South Asia Journalism Fellowship (SAJP) 2022?
South Asia Journalism Fellowship (SAJP) 2022 is an opportunity funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office and hosted by the University of Westminster. The fellowship is aimed at mid-career journalists from South Asian countries including India. The curriculum of the fellowship focuses on the ways in which the media are held responsible, and the wider context within which political institutions operate. The ethics of reporting are at the heart of all debates. The selected fellows will receive full program fees and other benefits.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The fellowship is hosted by the University of Westminster and funded by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a citizen of India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, or the Maldives
- return to the country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
- have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying
- be a mid-career journalist working in the political or economic sectors
- have a good working knowledge of English
- not hold British or dual-British citizenship
- agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations of the fellowship
What are the benefits ?
The selected candidates will receive -
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from applicant's country of residence to the UK
How can you apply ?
The eligible candidate can apply for the fellowship by using the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button and read the details.
Step 2: Navigate to the 'Apply Now' and click on it.
Step 3: Log in using valid credentials. (Note - If the applicant is not registered, kindly register first.)
Step 4: Fill in the required details and upload relevant documents.
Step 5: Submit the application.
What are the documents required for the South Asia Journalism Fellowship (SAJP) 2022?
- Degree certificate or degree transcript
What are the selection criteria ?
The applicants will be selected based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria and performance in the interview.
What are the important dates ?
Application Deadline - 12th October 2022
Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK and University of Westminster
Email ID - firstname.lastname@example.org