UWE Bristol Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Dean's Scholarship 2021United Kingdom
What is UWE Bristol Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Dean's Scholarship 2021?
The University of West of England (UWE), Bristol invites applications for the UWE Bristol Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Dean's Scholarship 2021 from MSc degree applicants. The scholarship aims to support deserving students to continue their higher education through support from the university. The selected scholars have the opportunity to get a 100% tuition fee waiver.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the University of West of England (UWE), Bristol.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have achieved the equivalent of a British first or 2:1 in an undergraduate degree
- Be applying from a country that recently has been subject to a significant adverse environmental, health or security impact
- Hold a standing offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition
- Be a new student to UWE Bristol with no previous UK study
- Be classed as an overseas student for fees purposes
- Not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award
- Be applying to any of the following programmes-
- MSc Advanced Wildlife Conservation in Practice
- MRes Applied Sciences
- MSc Biomedical Science
- MSc Science Communication
- MSc Environmental Health
- MSc Health Psychology
- MSc Occupational Psychology
- MRes Social Sciences
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology
- MSc Forensic Science
What are the benefits ?
The selected scholar will receive a tuition fee waiver of up to 100%.
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and register.
Step 2: Log in to the portal using UWE Welcome ID and Password. (Note: The candidates having an offer of study will receive their UWE Welcome ID and password by UWE).
Step 3: Fill in the scholarship application form.
Step 4: Complete the scholarship task.
Step 5: Submit the application.
What are the documents required for the UWE Bristol Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences Dean's Scholarship 2021?
- Personal statement covering the following:
- What potential does the applicant possess for outstanding performance on the programme?
- What potential does the applicant have to become an outstanding professional in his/her selected subject area and to contribute to alleviating a recent adverse environmental, health or security impact in his/her home country?
- How does the applicant's work experience to date points to exceptional achievements in relation to interests outside formal education?
- How does the applicant show potential for being an effective ambassador for UWE Bristol when he/she returns to his/her home country?
- How does the applicant show concern for other students on his/her programme, evidencing contribution of a kind that is likely to enrich their experiences, not just personal-self of the applicant?
Note: The applicant should show a grasp of British universities' agenda overseas and of successful ways of influencing potential audiences.
What are the important dates ?
Application deadline: 30th June 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The selected recipients of the scholarship will be expected to be active members of the UWE Bristol Alumni Network by helping UWE to promote its programs to prospective students.
- The award duration is for one academic year.
- If an applicant accepts the scholarship, he/she will need to pay GBP 3,000 deposit to UWE Bristol within 7 days of receiving his/her scholarship offer letter.
- The applicant will also have to prove that he/she is satisfied with the UKVI criteria in terms of being able to cover living costs and the remainder of the fees.