Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for India 2023New ZealandIndia
What is Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for India 2023?
Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for India 2023 is an opportunity offered by the University of Waikato, New Zealand to provide financial assistance to students who are enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate programmes. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to $15,000 (one-time).
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The University of Waikato, New Zealand is offering the scholarship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a citizen or permanent resident of India
- be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme as a new international student at the University of Waikato
- have secured a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification which is used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
Note -The applicants who are taking admission to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body/Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement are not eligible for the scholarship.
What are the benefits ?
The value of the scholarship offered will be up to $15,000. Some applicants may be offered a portion of this amount ranging from $ 2,500 and upwards.
For undergraduate students, the scholarship value and tenure offered will be one of the following values/tenures -
- One-year tenure - Up to $ 8,000 applied to tuition fees in the first year of full-time study (a minimum of 120 points).
- More than one year tenure -
- Two years’ tenure: Up to $12,000, with no more than $ 8,000 in the first year of study and no more than $ 4,000 in the second year of full-time study.
- Three years tenure: Up to $15,000, with no more than $ 8,000 in their first year of study, no more than $ 4,000 in year two, and no more than $ 3,000 in year three of full-time study.
For postgraduate students, the scholarship will have a tenure of one year only and a value of up to $15,000, which will be applied to the first year of full-time postgraduate study.
- The number of scholarships offered and the value of each scholarship offered are at the discretion of the Scholarships Committee.
- The disbursal will be based on criteria such as funding available, intended programme of study, duration of intended programme of study, number of credits enrolled and GPA equivalency.
- It may also be based on but not limited to financial need, total available funding, number of applicants, and chosen degree programme.
How can you apply ?
The candidates can apply for the scholarship using the below-mentioned criteria -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to the 'Next Step' button and click on it.
Step 3: Click on 'Application to Enrol' to create a Waikato account. (Note - The applicants who already have an account can log in using valid credentials.)
Step 4: After creating a Waikato account, go to the 'Scholarships and Awards' section to access the application form.
Step 5: Click on the 'Apply Now' button to proceed with the application process.
Step 6: Fill in the required details, upload the required documents and submit.
What are the documents required for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship for India 2023?
- A conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
What are the selection criteria ?
The candidates will be selected based on academic merit and their potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
What are the important dates ?
Applications for 2022 and 2023 can be submitted at any time.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for the agreed programme of study either at the time of enrolment or once their enrolment is completed.
- . Students who are offered a scholarship and have a pathway offer for study at the University of Waikato will have their scholarship applied to their degree programme following the successful completion of their pathway programme.
- Applications will be ranked and recommended according to the Selection Criteria by the International Office and forwarded to the Selection Panel for consideration.
- The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees).
- The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following each selection meeting.
- The Scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Waikato-funded tuition fees scholarship, award, bursary or other such funding, nor can it be held in conjunction with any Education New Zealand scholarships
- The recipient agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity concerning the scholarship arranged by the University of Waikato by accepting a Scholarship.
- The Scholarships Committee has the power to amend or vary these regulations provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
University of Waikato
Hillcrest, Hamilton 3216,
Email ID - email@example.com | Contact Number - (+64) 7 856 2889